Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Project No. 2 - more Black Apple Dolls


Day two was all about the dolls. I made about six of these a few weeks ago but gave one each to some of my good friends - then I was kind of sad I did have any more...so I spent pretty much the entire day in doll production mode. The pattern is great and kindly supplied for free (not for retail) by the talented Inside A Black Apple. My faces are quite different - I use acrylic paint which can be quite nerve-racking but despite many attempts, I never seem to get the look I'm after by using thread, especially for eyes. This batch will stay with me - at least for a little while...
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful!! They are so much fun and they may be her pattern but they're different enough where you could sell them. Miss redhead is my favorite :)

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.