Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Finally - some pics of my latest crafty stuff.

PROJECT No. 1.
Day One of my week off was about this little bear. I'd seen a few around that I liked - especially Molly Chickens amazing creatures. I had worked with fur ONCE - I made a dog about two years ago and the entire project took about 17 hours, so I was little reluctant to try something too challenging. In the end I made this wonky bear and despite the yelling, swearing, choking (on the fur) and routinely jabbing myself with the needle, I was quite happy with the result.
Fur can be tricky but also, surprisingly forgiving! When I saw all the left-over scraps of fur, I couldn't believe I'd made something that actually looked like a bear!

I needle-felted the little bee, just for an x-factor. Ahh. How nice it was to listen to craftsanity and sew away the day.



5 comments:

Donna said...

I don't think he's wonky at all, he's adorable!

Anonymous said...

Wonky rules !
He is lovely.

ittybittyandpretty said...

simply splendid!

craftapalooza said...

Eeeeek No way HE ROCKS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming a member of the bear club!
Charming!

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.