Friday, January 20, 2006

Storm Friday

The train was so slow thing morning, stopping for 20 minutes between platforms. Everyone look so tired, but because it's a country train, we get lovely comfy seats, so everyone just took a nap.

Such a clear and sunny morning, you could see cloud shadows flickering over the paddocks, which have turned from green to sandy yellow.

Since I got my ipod, I haven't been reading on the train, but think I'll start again next week. My reading tends to be governed by the seasons so every summer I usually re-read books like To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I never get tired of that book. In winter it's Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and who can resist Jane Eyre by Charlotte, or "the whey faced prig" as her brother called her - on a rainy day?

This year I'd like to read a few books that I've always meant to read but never have: this and Voss by Patrick White...and The Turning by Tim Winton.

Anyone else have a book or two they've always wanted to read but haven't?

Apparently a storm is on the way. I love Storm Friday. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

sarah said...

i have promised myself that i will one day finish "a suitable boy", i've started it once but it was so long ago i need to begin again, so it sits on our bookshelf waiting for the day...

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.