Yesterday I had a double driving lesson on my first highway! I always imagined that there would be a huge difference between driving at 40k and 110k...but I was really surprised at how easy it was to speed. I can't say I enjoyed it, but I wasn't totally freaked either, so that's a good thing. I did have a bit of a Duel moment as a massive semi trailer rushed up behind me, but then it just sped past. My instructor is so lovely and calm, which really helps. I also got a chance to tackle a round-about and felt like a kid trapped in a revolving door. I get some kind of devilish pleasure from watching pedestrians change their mind about stepping off the curb. They take one step, notice the big LEARNER sign and quickly retreat. Haaaa.
The rest of the day was spent playing Tomb Raider (what am I? Sixteen?) and sewing a doll. This year seems to be all about learning to drive something: car, sewing machine. I'm not big on resolutions but this year I do have a few things I want to start building into my life:
1. make better food choices - "gosh, I feel like a nice piece of tofu..."
2. drive - "brake, brake, BRAKE"
3. be a little less sarcastic - "as if"
4. sew straight and smoothly and avoid "crazy stitching".
5. read more poetry, write more poetry.
6. talk less about myself - "back to me".
7. send birthday cards/gifts on time - "sorry I'm late"
8. use what I have
9. read my tarot cards more often
10. stop referring to my outstanding, fantastic partner of 13 years as "bear two". Her name is Emma.
Some Books I've Really Enjoyed
- ► 2012 (10)
- ► 2011 (16)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (72)
- ► 2008 (97)
- ► 2007 (65)
- ▼ 2006 (95)