Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006: A Blog Odyessey

Well Christmas has come and gone. I'd like to think I was "there" for most of it but I admit, the actual day is so crazy, I can get a little light headed. We drove from here to lunch with Bear Two's wonderful family on the coast - about 135ks away...then doubled back to have dinner with my family...then drove back here - got home around midnight. Both our families go all out! It was great to see everyone over hills of ham and pudding...lots of laughs.

Boxing Day will forever be known as THE DAY MY NEW IPOD DROVE ME MAD!!! How could such a tiny object create such rage? Won't go into all the dull techy details but I managed (with the help of some poor guy called Garry on the phone from Melbourne) to work it out and now, of course, I love it. Thanks Bear2!!!

The rest of our holiday has been about taking it easy. Today we went to Bendigo to see the Cecil Beaton portrait exhib. Loved it - all those creamy textures - so theatrical and rich.

The heat has been crazy. Yesterday was 42 and the nights have been a bit hellish. Today the cool change arrived, helping contain a massive fire near Stawell. Being a city girl, bushfires have never seriously been on my radar but they are up here. It was so hot yesterday that even the birds stopped singing...and when the breeze did pick up (that Northerly burst) the leaves didn't move so much as rasp. But now the rain is here and every door and window is open. Bliss.

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year. We had dinner at a local winery among the vines.

x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time.
Happy New Year!!

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.