Friday, August 19, 2005

Strange but...



Strange...because it's August, because I'm not American...but I really, really love the idea of Halloween. I know lots of people don't...another crass, commercial exercise, etc..and I suppose that's true, but I don't care. I'd love to spend a Holloween in Salem or somewhere in New England. I love all the little pumpkins, lights and autumn leaves...I love the idea of little kids dressed up as witches and ghosts, too. What the hell, maybe I'll carve my own little pumpkin this year. Have a lovely weekend crafty-bloggers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Halloween "done" by Americans is indeed questionable, but don't let the commercial crass event that it has become spoil your own celebrations. You appear to be tuned into your old pagan ancestry. Look up what it actually means and celebrate the ritual and let your inner witch loose.

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.