Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Looky here...

Here are the stunning dolls that Emma gave me for my birthday. On the left is Greta and on the right, Harper. The artist who made these amazing creatures is Christine Alvarado from Du Buh Du Designs. These shots were taken in haste. Harper is wearing a tiny locket and inside is a photo of portrait of Oscar Wilde (I think Christine drew that, too). Each doll came with a tiny portrait. Christine's work looks amazing on her website but up close, the details are so incredible - the clothes, expressions - the weight of the dolls and how their limbs move. I'm very lucky. Thanks Em.xxx.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Ok..I'm a bit slow, but I finally found your site! Thanks for posting these:) I'm so happy they're settled at home in Australia...now to link you to my page!

Anonymous said...

AAAH It was you Fran. I'm LOVING these and am going to so The Son what I might like for MY birthday :)

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.