Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fryerstown Antique Fair

Emma, Liz, Jai, Julie and I went to the Fryerstown Antique Fair on the weekend. Here's some shots of the day. It's a massive affair in a small country town - some stalls are in the town hall but most of them are outside, under the gumtrees (if they're lucky) in the middle of the bush. It's HUGE, hot and dusty but lots of fun. Pics of loot later.
Em really liked the look of that little birdcage...but it was $95 - a bit hefty me thinks.















The tent! Ahh...the only place to get a coffee and get out of the sun.

3 comments:

Shell said...

Wow! That looks like the best antiques fair ever. I can't imagine many things better than rummaging through old stuff. :)

KR said...

Sooo much eye candy! I always love going to antique fairs but its getting harder and harder to find anything affordable that looks nice! Still, you can't beat a fair like that for inspiration!

I also wanted to let you know that I'm hosting a recipe contest over on my blog - go check it out if you get a chance! :)

http://homegrownrose.typepad.com/reclaimingthehome/

Anonymous said...

As a Trader at Fryerstown,there are LOTS of bargains , and good prices.Dont be put of by the comment of the overpriced birdcage.
No6 stall 2009, see yah there.

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.