Monday, March 12, 2007


Yesterday was supposed to be a sleepy Sunday, bit of reading, bit of gym, bit of baking...but then I started sorting through a few things...which lead to tidying up...which lead to ''oh my god - we have so much "stuff" and soon I had to stop myself from piffing everything. I'm a bit of a collector - I quite fancy my "things" but every now and again I feel all minimalist and sparse and want space not clutter. This overwhelming feeling of too much stuff comes with the house-hunting we've been doing over the last few weeks. What an eye opener that's been. But that's another post. Yesterday I came across Ophelia. I bought her in Stratford- upon- Avon on my first trip overseas, about 19 years ago. She cost a silly amount and stands about 2cms. Her tiny arms move up and down...that was the clincher, as I recall.
Anyway, by days end - the house was a little less cluttered, but not much.


No comments:

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.