Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Time Table Love Part Three (Has Anyone Seen My Intro?).

Okay. I'll be honest. I should be working and I kind of am but I can't find my introduction so I thought I'd divert myself and go back to the piece I'm trying to write with a renewed sense of hope.

Catching the 5.30pm home later today. For some strange reason the train was really packed this morning and a few very tall people ended up standing up for a good 40 minutes - swaying, really... reminded me of sea-weed in deep water. They were remarkably soothing to watch - a little like watching fish swim around in a tank or an open fire. Anyway, before I knew it I was nodding off in a fairly unattractive fashion...mouth open a tad, neck on the side - not pretty. Fortunately I woke myself up before I dribbled or made any really embarrassing noises like ArGGhchh.

1 comment:

Shell said...

*laughs* Train trips always send me into a lull. I think it is the rocking of the train on the tracks. I do prefer the bus, only because there are windows and people seem a little more lively on the bus. Did you ever see that show that used to be on the ABC a couple of years ago about the people who took the train home every afternoon? It was great - I think it was called 'Going Home' or something.

Love your little doggy, aww too cute. I've been checking out all the japanese craft books people show in their blogs - they look awesome. I think I'll have to get some when I start my new job (and get paid! Yay!)

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.