Thursday, January 24, 2008

Was WIP

I got home from work about 7pm last night and while Emma went to the gym, I went to the Craft Room with no idea about what I was going to make.
Now that I have the space, I can look around the room, drag out books and just attack my next project with gusto. I've been desperate to make this fella for ages. I've long been a fan Sweet Nellie's fantastic work (I have one of her lovely birds called Bernadette). Her Snoots exude charm and wonder.
You'll find a pattern for her elephant in softies edited by another talented person from Softies Central.
This pattern is fantastic and the instructions are clear and detailed. Very happy with this chap. I have a niece who loves elephants, so I think I might save him for her birthday.
As I was looking for the all the materials, I had little memory flashes of where I got everything from. The blue wool felt is from ebay, the orange dotty fabric is a bit I picked up in Tokyo last October, the little felt ball on the tip of his hat is from a shop in Pt Lonsdale (got a handfull about 3 years ago) and the elephant trim around his neck is from a scrapbooking shop in Mornington.
So I didn't think I'd get him all done last night, but suddenly I had this charming softie smiling up at me. Welcome.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Fran! Awesome, so sweet. The glimpses of the room look great :)

Anonymous said...

He is lovely, the colours are perfect together. I love his arms (arms, front legs),the way they are stitched flat and sweetly resting on his tummy. He looks shy and lovable.

KR said...

SO so so so so sweet! He reminds me of Babar, but SWEETER! :)

Also wanted to let you know that you're on my "homey inspirations" list on my blog!!!

:)
Kristin
http://homegrownrose.typepad.com/reclaimingthehome/

susan said...

awww, too precious!

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.