Monday, January 21, 2008

chicken or the egg?


I blame the supermarket. Christmas is barely over and now I've heard a rumour that hot cross buns are already on the shelves! Tell me it's not so.
It's bad enough that climate change is eroding the seasons, now Christmas and Easter are roughly in the same month?
Maybe this is why I found myself with a box of blue chickens. I think I was on auto-pilot - suddenly my head was full of Easter, potential craft projects, eggs, chickens, chocolate. Or maybe it was their tiny scarves keeping their little necks warm. Hmm. What to do with them...

2 comments:

weirdbunny said...

Woolworths in town has isles of Easter Eggs out ! And I think Tesco's sell hot cross buns all year around .... crazy or what !

Anonymous said...

Those are cool looking! Australian chicks? All we have here is the yellow ones.

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.