Friday, April 03, 2009

Work and Play

These two books kind of sum up where I'm at right now.

When things get ratty, when I'm tired, had four coffees in four hours and suddenly I'm smack in the middle of Stress City, I switch to soothe ...a little technique offered up by Stephanie Dowrick. It kind of works. Just saying the word
s o o t h e seems to help.

This week has been about work and play...and trying to strike some balance. A long working week of learning new stuff and creeping out of comfort zones has begun and now I'm all up for a bit of playing. Have a good weekend...and forget work until Monday!

1 comment:

Janice La Verne said...

hi, i'm janice from Eugene, Oregon and my friend Kristin took the photos of my toys that are in your slideshow. it's great that you found her super photos, and that you like all my much loved toys.

i'm also a painter/printmaker. I have used my toys in my work off and on for years...

well, just thought i'd say hello,
Janice

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.