Thursday, October 30, 2008

Little Cat and the Big Red Bus


Em & I are going to see some lovely illustrations tonight by Anna Walker. Her new book (words by Jane Godwin) is called Little Cat and the Big Red Bus and it's a charmer.

I started catching the school bus when I was four years-old. I must have been a mildly anxious kid cos I used to insist on having exactly the right change... I think it was 25c! I used to wrap it up in cling film. I must have been worried about dropping it. And naturally, I was always accutaly terrified of missing my stop. Never happened. Wow. How did I manage to get to Grade 1 and beyond??

2 comments:

ittybittyandpretty said...

i think i have a phobia about public transport with buses being my number one hate. i know that at 36 years of age i neeeeeed to get over this but it scares me to think of changing. the thing that gets to me is that i know that my children would love nothing more than a bus ride to the train station! send shivers down my spine *^_^* xx rosey

Sandra Evertson said...

Lovely!
Sandra Evertson

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.