Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Words

I've been neglecting wishthimble lately. Every time I think about posting, I can't think of any words to write and I think I know why.
Words are my job and now that I'm studying part time...more words are needed for assignments and "discussions".
Words, words, words - I think I might be running out of them. I save my good words for work and what's left over goes towards study and the poor old blog gets all the tired, dusty, bruised words.
Last night I dreamt I blogged the most amazing post: funny, timely, memorable and then like an anchor being pulled from the surface, all the words slowly disappeared and suddenly I was wide awake.
I'm going out today to find more words. The city is buzzing with people and arts and athletes (Commonwealth Games) and the river is full of giant fish and at night lights glow from every high point. Think I'll take a walk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like what's going on out there is more interesting than what's going on in here! Enjoy your walk and find more words to share.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Opps! From Snowbear

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.