Monday, April 21, 2008

All the leaves are brown.



The only crafty thing I'm doing right now is a long black scarf...in double crochet. I usually get impaitent when I'm knitting scarves which is why I have a selection of very short scarves that aren't long enoug to fling over my shoulder. This time I made a pact with myself to slow down and get that extra length. Problem is - I'm enjoying the repetition of crochet so much - well, my scarf is getting rather long.

Saw Lars and the Real Girl last night. Em & I ...ahem, got teary.

What else? Plotting a return trip in Japan in October (insert evil cackle here).

On another note - loving the new season. The evening light is amazing - except today when all we have is haze. Sigh. Tomorrow will be better, I'm sure.

PICTURED ABOVE: Brown Leaf Contemplating Its Fall.

1 comment:

KR said...

I love fall leaves... *swoon*! :) Congratulations on getting so far with the new scarf too! I hope a photo will be gracing your blog soon of this new creation :)

Also just made a HUGE announcement on the blog of the "HOLY MOLY" sort, so if you have a moment, stop on by. :)

Kristin

http://homegrownrose.typepad.com/reclaimingthehome

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.