Monday, May 08, 2006

Flying into Melbourne early on Saturday morning was like approaching a sci-fi metropolis from outerspace - the city appeared to be built on clouds.

New Zealand holiday was amazing. I bought a new camera before we left. I took over 300 photos but I promise not to post them all at once. Whatever happened to the slide night? Anyway, NZ was incredible. People were so friendly, food was incredible, scenery, mind blowing. Went to Milford and Doubtful Sound, Christchurch, Queenstown, Dunedin and so many small towns in between. Craft scene is pretty big, especially in Dunedin - saw lots of crochet and fantastic jewellery using rocks/silver/greenstone. Fronting up to work was hard today...so forgive me if I keep banging on about What I Did On My Holidays...pics coming tomorrow. You've been warned. Thanks for your all your good holiday wishes, too.x

3 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time. Seems so long since I was in NZ. No, wait, it is! 10 years!

Can't wait to see your photos. Okay, so maybe not all 300! Do miss the slide night. But blogged photos are cool too.

Happy to be home?

weirdbunny said...

Glad you had a fab time, I love travel phot's so we won't be bored honestly!

Show us photo's of all the stuff you bought as well, I assume you did do loads of shopping?

Anonymous said...

Johnny's favorite place! I hope I get there one day!
welcome home!

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.