Sunday, January 03, 2010

Brand New Decade - 2010



Not a big fan of resolutions - usually. Maybe it's the new decade thing but I've been doing quite a bit of reflecting. I think turning 40 had some part to play. It didn't hit me on the way up but rather blind-sided me on the way past. 2009 was a mixed bag. Work sucked energy big time. I crafted less, I played less, I got more annoyed about the little things.

I work to daily deadlines and in the past I've managed to meet them and leave them behind at a days end, but 2009 was different, a new (exciting job) had those invisible lines chasing me home and controlling all the fun stuff, too. Trains suddenly had to be caught, stuff had to be 'perfect' and often wasn't. I said Yes when I should of said No. By mid July the craft room was getting dusty.

I didn't put the lids back on, stuff got wasted.

I want this year to be different. I want to get some balance back and have more fun. I want to get fitter, sleep better, listen more, read more, judge less, fret less, laugh more, try and fail and not care, make things, draw things, see the little things, fight the big things and put the lids back on.

Meanwhile, a lovely illustration by Nicoletta Ceccoli. Hope you have a good 2010. x

2 comments:

craftapalooza said...

hey fran. great post. you kick back at those daily deadlines. Big hugs to you and hi to em. xxx

christina said...

I know what you mean, maybe it is getting to 40, time seems to go faster, so much to do!

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.