Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wee Wonderfuls WIP






I've been following Wee Wonderfuls for years and even made a few of her lovely softies but her latest book, Wee Wonderfuls: 24 Dolls to Sew and Love inspired me to stop organising my craft space and actually make something. It's been ages since I've made something so I've started off slow and easy. This little doll took about half an hour to make. I haven't quite finished sewing on her features, but here's a shot of where I'm up to and a few more from the book. The book as a great range of projects, from hand-sewing to more complicated toys but they have one thing in common, they're all cute and would make great gifts for littles.

5 comments:

Line said...

Adorei tudo que vi em seu blog! muito bonito seus trabalhos! beijoss

Christina said...

Love the last picture, its just so beautiful, no wonder you are inspired!

no blog norma said...

your fabric/trim choices are looking great,she will be lovely...

hillary said...

hi frances,

thanks for writing about the book! can't wait to see her when she's done. I LOVE the colors you've picked and that ribbon is awesome!!

xo, hillary

Erika Olson Gross said...

Just found your blog tonight...so cute!

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.