Monday, August 17, 2009

Books on Toast



I got a copy of the delightful Homemade:The Handmade Help Recipe Book put together by loads of crafty people. Every cent of the $15 goes to those who were affected by the Feb 7 bushfires. I couldn't wait to try something so last night I made the Lentil and Spinach Casserole. Two words: easy and delicious.

I also splurged on Julia Childs Mastering The Art of French Cooking. I think I'm over my head! I really enjoyed reading Julie and Julia by Julie Powell and soon the movie, starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams will be out. Hope it's good.

Meanwhile, I don't think I'll be tackling anything too fancy - maybe I'll try a simple soup. How hard can it be?

But nothing is being cooked right now - not while I have my nose in this book.

1 comment:

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Julie and Julia was a fantastic movie! I am quite sure you'll enjoy it - Meryl Streep is just divine, as always.

I'm actually going to be making a quiche for dinner tonight - from the cookbook! With modifications, of course. Wish me luck!!! (fingers crossed here)

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.