Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Part Two

So there were thousands of books at the Clunes BookTown weekend...stacks and stacks of them; new, dusty, tiny, illustrated, obscure, general, all genres - a real mix. The one that caught my eye was The Open Book of Nature by Rev Charles Hall.

It's not a rare book but it is quite lovely. On Sunday night I was flicking through it and discovered that someone (the nature loving Kathleen Shedlock perhaps?) had pressed between the pages a four leaf clover. It was such a charming thing to find. I have no idea how long it was sealed between those pages but it looks like a very long time.

Anyway. It was a lovely thing to discover on my birthday and if it brings me extra luck, I'll be delighted to accept. Thank you Kathleen from me in 2009 to you in 1922.





1 comment:

onegoldensun said...

What a beautiful find. I love discovering a special old book. And one that holds a bit of irish luck, what could be better?

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.