Monday, February 11, 2008

Craft Room...the opening

Around 11am on Saturday, Em and I had the official opening of the Craft Room. About 20 of our friends (well, the ones interested in craft!) gathered at our place for pink cup-cakes, honey jumbles and other pretty things and watched as I cut a piece of ribbon that we'd strung across the door. Then everyone filed in to see the glory that was - a colourful but organised space. People had actually made gifts! Amazing. Kristin finished off a gorgeous little pillow with an Aunty Cookie transfer on it, Julie made an incredible pin board covered in Blythe images and Liz gave me a bag of scrapping goodness. I was too excited to take photos but yesterday Em and I made some thank you cards - those I have pics of. Everyone picked a fabric bird to take home, too. I also made a couple of rings yesterday and started some stitching, thanks to Wee Wonderfuls sweet Stitchettes.

Birdies waiting for a home.
The Thank You cards.




The Stitchettes



Rings!

Thanks for looking.

7 comments:

craftapalooza said...

Dang wish I could have been there! More pics more pics!! Rings look fab Fran. x

susan said...

sweet rings! what a cute idea for rings!

Anonymous said...

I also love the rings!

forcryeye said...

Wow! I wish I could have been there for the unveiling! Too cool! Pink cupcakes? sounds wonderful!!!

weirdbunny said...

I'm impressed an oficcal opening of your craft room ! Fantastic. Luckly you didn't invite me or I would have eaten all the cupcakes .... yummy ~ Julia

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That sounds like it was a lot of fun--you guys know how to do it right!

Popsicles & Lollipops said...

I am hosting a sweet little birds swap. Maybe you'd like to join seeing that you like birdies too?
http://popsiclesandlollipops.blogspot.com/2008/02/sweet-little-birds-swap.html

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.