Monday, July 23, 2007

I really enjoy cooking on the weekend - not as hectic as week day meals. Saturday I made Chicken Normandy for Em's folks, Uncle and Aunty - perfect for a wintry lunch - especially with a good drop. I was lucky enough to do a one night French Cookery class a few weeks ago and I really loved it. The chef made it, so this was my chance to replicate it. I didn't add the calvados (apple brandy) only because I knew I'd buy a bottle, use it twice a year and chuck it out. As the chicken cooked, the kitchen smelt devine. If anyone wants the recipe... just let me know. It tasted great and I was so pleased. Made me feel terribly sophisticated, cooking French cuisine and all!

These little birds? They sit in the spout of our pink tea-pot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course we need this recipe - don't tease us so!

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.