Monday, August 14, 2006

Just a little Crafty



Finally had enough ime and natural light to do some more sewing. I've been rushing stuff lately and it shows. This time I approached my projects with a resolve not to mash things together with a bit of thread and call it "craft". This time I even used a ruler instead of holding up a piece of fabric and hacking into it free-hand like Edward Scissorhands. Very satisfying.

This is a card I made for little Inez, the daughter of my dearest friends ...who lives all the way over in Brussels. The centre image is from a an old pack of cards I found in an second hand shop in Daylesford.

The little bird I did weeks ago - but I sewed it up on Saturday.

2 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh the card is gorgeous. What a very cool idea. And I miss Daylesford. Too far from Canberra...

weirdbunny said...

The card is beautiful!!!!

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.