Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Final Countdown...

Well. Packing, sorting and behaving as if I'm going away on an early 19th Century voyage to exotic lands as opposed to a couple of days in a small country town.

Just what makes me think I'll have time to read three novels, embroider, knit, crochet, take-photos, cook and communicate with my sisters...all at once?

I'm really looking forward to checking out some antique shops and spying that old chest full of vintage goodness formerly owned by someone's Great Aunt Clara and sold to me by someone who has no idea of the real value of it....! I can dream. If it happens at all, the first thing I'll need to do is create a diversion so the rest of my sister's get distracted...Oh look! Over there, a shoe shop - all stock 90% off!

So no work for me tomorrow (audible YAY!). Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I hope I survive mine. I leave you with a few pearls:

A sister smiles when one tells one's stories - for she knows where the decoration has been added. ~Chris Montaigne

I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at. ~Maya Angelou

One of the best things about being an adult is the realization that you can share with your sister and still have plenty for yourself. ~Betsy Cohen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, great quotes - thanks for posting them. Have a wonderful weekend away with your sisters and good luck finding Aunt Clara's stash!!

sarah said...

thank-you for the wonderful quotes, have a super time in the antique shops, look forward to seeing the stash...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the quotes--I have two sisters myself, and I know my life would be a very different one without them. Your blog reminds me of life's many varied joys when I most need it.

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.