Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday Always On My Mind

Aghhh. Here again. Busy working week, late nights, bloody cold and glad it's Friday...yippee. Tried to fit in some crafty stuff after work, but frankly, I was to tired to tackle much...but yesterday I learnt something new...Finger Knitting! This morning in the car (no, I wasn't driving) I "knitted" a very long scarf just by wrapping wool around four fingers (I do have five) on my left hand. You end up with a thin, spidery scarf, but because of the length, quite substantial. By the end of the car ride, I had five metre scarf! Will post a pic soon.
Tomorrow Two Bears are off to Lancefield Produce Market. It's not big but it's lovely; fresh produce, olive oil, chickens, eggs, herbs, wine, dips and best of all the Holy Goat cheese makers! Hmmm. It's so satisfying to start off with a big empty basket and finish off with a heavy one - full of good things.

Craft wise, I want to make another sock Monkey, cos one just isn't enough...and a felt Cottage needle holder (kindly posted by Vicki) that I spotted over at Turkey Feathers - beautiful site. I wouldn't mind trying that Strawberry Jam, too. http://turkeyfeathers.typepad.com/turkey_feathers/my_sewing_room/index.html

Also want to take lovely blog-pics of my new cat made by Fiona from Hop Skip Jump. She's divine! Check out http://hopskipjump.typepad.com/hop_skip_jump/

Have a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Some Books I've Really Enjoyed

  • Apples For Jam by Tessa Kiros
  • Saturday by Ian McEwan
  • Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
  • The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath
  • Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
  • Stasiland by Anna Funder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living, reading, crafting, taking photos, writing.